Friday, September 2, 2011

1st Day of School

Well today was the first day of school!  There are so many words that describe the day...fun, interesting, and hectic are just to name a few!  Today we worked a lot on how we sit on the carpet such as sitting criss-cross-applesauce, hands in lap, eyes on teacher or whoever is speaking, and mouths are quiet.  We call all of those things together sitting basics.  We also worked on standing in line (line basics) which include facing forward, hands to yourself, leave a space between you and the person in front of you, and stand quietly and respectfully.  Please review these two bascis with your child to help remind them in many ways!

Also, I asked the students at the end of the day to tell me their favorite part of their first day of Kindergarten and here are some of the responses (some kids had the same answer; but these are all written in the students' words)....

"Going on the bus."  --Gwyn, Megan, and Destini
"Playing Outside." -- Travis
"I liked the calendar." --Mya
"I liked being in line." --Zoey
"My favorite part was the scavenger hunt." --Keegan
"I liked when we got our food and played outside." --Logan
"I liked color tag." --Nonah, Braeden, Nash, and Nathan
"Playing on the swingwet." --Ian, Jaden, Kit and Ella
"I liked the fire drill and palying on the playground." --Andrew and Seneca
"Playing Inside." --James and Chase
"I liked palying on the little thing in hte sandbox." --Hunter

I'm looking forward to day 2 tomorrow!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment